Companies facing lawsuits need the help of legal experts trained in all aspects of commercial litigation, from contract disputes to defamation. Cassels has recognized expertise in resolving complex legal problems quickly and cost effectively.
Our commercial litigators represent clients at all levels of federal and provincial court including the Ontario Court of Appeal and Supreme Court of Canada. Our clients span numerous economic sectors, including educational institutions, financial institutions, government, individuals, insurance companies, manufacturers, retailers, brokerages and franchisors.
Our expertise encompasses all types of commercial litigation, and we pride ourselves on developing inventive and efficient means of resolving our clients’ unique problems. We represent our clients’ interests in matters such as:
- Contract issues, including enforcement and interpretation
- Negligence actions
- Defence of class-action suits
- Bankruptcy and insolvency litigation
- Intellectual property actions relating to trademarks, copyright, patents and confidential information
- Shareholders disputes
- Aboriginal law
- Administrative law matters
- Real estate litigation, including mortgage enforcement actions
- Defamation actions
- Securities regulatory and litigation matters
- Franchise litigation
- Tax litigation