Jamie Litchen is a partner in the Securities Group at Cassels. Jamie is also an active member of the firm’s Mining and Cannabis Groups. Jamie represents a wide variety of public and private companies as well as investment dealers in connection with various securities, corporate and commercial matters. Her practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions in a broad range of industries, including mining, cannabis and technology. Jamie has extensive experience advising on complex domestic and cross-border transactions, including numerous M&A transactions, business combination transactions, take-over bids, corporate reorganizations and go-public transactions. Through Jamie’s corporate finance practice, she assists start-up clients as well as established companies in connection with seed capital, private placements, public offerings and secondary offerings.
In addition to being a transaction specialist, Jamie is a trusted advisor to many clients in connection with their day-to-day securities compliance, disclosure and corporate governance matters. Jamie regularly advises mining clients at every stage of development, including exploration and development companies, early-stage junior mining clients and established senior producers, as well as a variety of cannabis industry participants, including licensed producers in Canada and the United States, beverage and other ancillary companies seeking opportunities throughout the emerging global cannabis sector.
Jamie has been involved in numerous industry-leading transactions in both the mining and cannabis industries, including acting for:
- Goldcorp Inc. on its US$10 billion acquisition by Newmont Mining Corporation; its $520 million acquisition of Kaminak Gold Corporation; its $526 million acquisition of Probe Mines Limited; and its $2.6 billion hostile take-over bid for Osisko Mining Corporation
- Canopy Growth Corporation on its US$3.4 billion conditional acquisition of Acreage Holdings, Inc. and its $540 million acquisition of Hiku Brands Company Ltd.; and Canopy Rivers Inc. in its go-public transaction and subsequent $93.5 million concurrent financings;
- Yamana Gold Inc. in the US $1.0 billion sale of its Chapada mine; its spin-out to shareholders, initial public offering and listing of Brio Gold Inc. on the Toronto Stock Exchange; its US$300 million offering of senior unsecured notes; its $50 million secondary offering of common shares of Brio Gold Inc.; and the filing its $1.0 billion shelf prospectus
- Tahoe Resources Inc. in its US$1.1 billion acquisition by Pan American Silver Corp.
- Kirkland Lake Gold Inc. in its $1.2 billion business combination with Newmarket Gold Inc.
- Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc. in its $1.1 billion acquisition by Centerra Gold Inc.
Jamie has been recognized as a leading female lawyer in the cannabis industry and is also a member of Women in Capital Markets and Women in Mining.