Lindsay Clements is a partner in the Securities Group at Cassels and serves as Co-Chair of the firm’s Business Law Group. Lindsay’s practice focuses on corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. She also advises public companies on Canadian securities regulation and corporate governance matters on an ongoing basis. Lindsay has extensive experience with complex securities and financing transactions, particularly those within the mining and REIT sectors. At Cassels, Lindsay serves as Chair of the Women’s Practice Development Committee.
Lindsay’s representative work includes having acted for:
- Berkshire Hathaway in its $3 billion preferred share financing in connection with the merger of Tim Hortons Inc. and Burger King Worldwide Inc. by plan of arrangement
- High River Gold Mines Ltd. in the $300 million acquisition of its minority interest by Nord Gold N.V. by take-over bid and plan of arrangement
- Primaris REIT in its transaction with H&R REIT and KingSett Capital by plan of arrangement
- INV Metals Inc. in its acquisition of the Quimsacocha Project in Ecuador from IAMGOLD Corporation
- Starlight Investments Ltd. in its $2.3 billion acquisition of TransGlobe Apartment REIT
- Crocodile Gold Corp. in its $65 million acquisition of Northgate Australian Ventures Corporation from AuRico Gold Inc. and related prepaid swap facility with Credit Suisse and in completion of a take-over bid by Luxor Capital to become a 70% shareholder