Jen Hansen (she/her/hers) is a partner in the Securities Group at Cassels, serving as Co-Chair of the Mining Group and as a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. Jen’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. She specializes in the representation of public mining companies involved in complex transactions, including business combination transactions, take-over bids, domestic and cross-border public offerings and other finance transactions. In addition, Jen advises on continuous disclosure obligations, corporate governance and regulatory compliance, including mineral project disclosure and recommendations for aligning governance practices with best practice recommendations. She is recognized as a leader in her field by such authorities as the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Chambers Canada and Best Lawyers in Canada.
Jen’s representative work includes acting for:
- Goldcorp Inc. in its US$10 billion acquisition by Newmont Mining Corporation; its $247 million acquisition of Exeter Resource Corporation; its $520 million acquisition of Kaminak Gold Corporation; its $526 million acquisition of Probe Mines Limited; and its $2.6 billion hostile take-over bid for Osisko Mining Corporation as well as in its $1.5 billion and $1 billion financings of senior unsecured notes; its $270 million bought deal secondary offerings of common shares of Primero Mining Corp.; and its $1 billion bought deal secondary offering of Tahoe Resources Inc.
- Lundin Mining Corporation in its $1.5 billion hostile take-over for Nevsun Resources Ltd.
- Tahoe Resources Inc. in the US$1.1 billion acquisition by Pan American Silver Corp.; and its $1.3 billion acquisition of Rio Alto Mining Ltd.
- Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc. in its$1.1 billion acquisition by Centerra Gold Inc.
- Wheaton Precious Metals Corp. in $800 million and $550 million bought deal financings