André Boivin is a partner in the Securities Group at Cassels. André’s practice focuses on corporate and securities law, primarily acting for public mining companies and offers extensive experience with equity financing transactions. André advises many public companies on a daily basis with respect to regulatory compliance and governance matters and is one of the firm’s top experts on National Instrument 43-101 Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects. He frequently leads teams involved in mergers and acquisitions and other significant strategic transactions.
André’s representative work includes having acted for:
- Allana Potash Corp. in its $20 million public offering
- Luna Gold Corp. in the sale of its Cachoeira Project to Brazil Resources
- New Gold Inc. in its acquisition of Silver Quest Resources Ltd.; its acquisition of Geo Minerals Ltd.; and its $550 million acquisition of Richfield Ventures Corp.
- Consolidated Thomson Iron Mines in its US$230 million financing of convertible unsecured subordinated debentures
- Sulliden Gold Corporation in public offerings aggregating $55 million
In 2011, André received the Lexpert Zenith Award for Corporate Social Responsibility in recognition of his work with, and donations to, the Omatjete Primary School Project in Namibia.