Cassels is proud to announce that nearly 40 of our lawyers are recognized as leaders in their field by Who’s Who Legal (WWL).
This edition ranks the following Cassels practitioners with their “Most Highly Regarded” designation: Casey Chisick (Sports & Entertainment), Jane Dietrich (Restructuring & Insolvency), Laurie LaPalme (Insurance & Reinsurance), Brian Reeve (Insurance & Reinsurance), and Larry Weinberg (Franchise).
In addition, our practitioners received particularly high praise in the commentary for the following areas:
- Franchise: With five lawyers ranked, Cassels is recognized as a leader in the area. Larry Weinberg, Derek Ronde and Geoffrey Shaw all received particular recognition in WWL’s commentary.
- Insurance & Reinsurance: Cassels has three listings in this section, Brian Reeve, Laurie LaPalme and Gordon Goodman, with all three highlighted in the commentary for this section.
- Mining: Cassels has 10 lawyers ranked in this area with seven practitioners receiving praise in the commentary: Chad Accursi, Mark Bennett, Darrell Podowski, Mark Bennett, Darrell Podowski, Jay Goldman, Brian Dominique, Jennifer Traub and Paul Stein.
- Restructuring & Insolvency: Cassels has six lawyers ranked across all offices, with Jane Dietrich, Shayne Kukulowicz, Jeffrey Oliver and Mary Buttery all receiving highlighted coverage in WWL.
- Sports & Entertainment: Cassels also figures prominently in the Sports & Entertainment category, with five recognized practitioners and three special call-outs in the commentary for this area: Casey Chisick, Stephen Selznick, and Jake Bullen.
In alphabetical order, the Cassels lawyers included in 2019 edition of WWL: Canada are:
- Chad Accursi – Mining
- Matthew Alter – Construction and Government Contracts
- Frank Arnone – M&A
- Mark Bennett – Mining
- Andre Boivin – Mining
- David Budd – Sports & Entertainment
- Jake Bullen – Sports & Entertainment
- Mary Buttery – Restructuring & Insolvency
- Gordon Chambers – Mining
- Casey Chisick – Sports & Entertainment
- John Craig – Mining
- Jane Dietrich – Restructuring & Insolvency
- Brian Dominique – Mining
- Leonard Glickman – Sports & Entertainment
- Jay Goldman – Mining
- Gordon Goodman – Insurance & Reinsurance
- Shane Hardy – Trademarks
- Chris Hersh – Competition
- Josef Hocher – Energy
- Ryan Jacobs – Restructuring & Insolvency
- Shayne Kukulowicz – Restructuring & Insolvency
- Laurie LaPalme – Insurance & Reinsurance
- Michael G. Osborne – Competition
- Darrell Podowski – Mining
- Brian Reeve – Insurance & Reinsurance
- Kenton Rein – Aviation
- Charles Rich – Banking
- Douglas Richardson – Corporate Tax
- Frank Robinson – Franchise
- Derek Ronde – Franchise
- Stephen Selznick – Sports & Entertainment
- Geoff Shaw – Franchise
- Ken Snider – Corporate Tax
- Paul Stein – Mining and Capital Markets
- Brenda Swick – Trade & Customs and Government Contracts
- Stéphane Teasdale – Franchise
- Jennifer Traub – Mining
- Larry Weinberg – Franchise
WWL: Canada is an in-depth guide to the country’s legal marketplace. This comprehensive report provides an insight into over 40 areas of business law, with editorial analyses pinpointing the most highly regarded firms and individuals in the country.