David Budd* (he/him/his) serves as a Deputy Managing Partner at Cassels. David is a member of the firm’s Mining, Banking & Specialty Finance, and Sports & Entertainment Groups and serves clients from both the Toronto and Vancouver offices. He has worked extensively with both lenders and resource companies in the mining sector on a variety of unsecured and senior secured debt facilities. He regularly acts for both lenders and borrowers on domestic and multi-jurisdictional transactions with an emphasis on corporate credit facilities, acquisitions, and project finance matters, including the financing of mines, hotels, and other real property developments. David offers extensive experience in sports law having provided advice with respect to the acquisition and financing of professional sports franchises. In addition, he has experience with respect to financing (acting for lenders and borrowers) across a broad range of industries including retail, retirement lifestyle, transportation, recycling and waste management, financial services and hospitality.
A few of his recent notable projects include representing:
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. in the completion of a US$120 million project finance facility for the Las Chispas Project in Mexico
- Victoria Gold Corp. in the completion of a US$505 million construction package for the Eagle Gold Project in the Yukon, Canada, including its project finance facility and equipment finance facility
- Victoria Gold Corp. in the completion of a US$200 million corporate debt facility
- Tahoe Resources in connection with its $50 million secured credit facility
- Wheaton Precious Metals Corp. in its US$1 billion term credit facility; and its US$1.5 billion bridge facility
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $2 billion senior credit facility
- National Bank of Canada (as Administrative Agent) and lending syndicate with respect to a $200 million senior unsecured credit facility for Algonquin Power Co.
- Ottawa Senators Hockey Club with respect to senior and subordinate financing of the NHL team and Canadian Tire Centre
*denotes Law Corporation