Bryan Woodman is an associate in our Banking & Specialty Finance Group at Cassels. Bryan works on all types of lending transactions acting for lenders, borrowers and syndicates involved in domestic and multi-jurisdictional transactions, corporate reorganizations and mergers and acquisitions. Bryan’s lending experience includes special situation financings, project/infrastructure financings, asset and real estate-based lending and equipment financing.
A few examples of Bryans’ notable work include acting for:
- a Canadian Chartered Bank in connection with CDN$38.7 million senior secured credit facilities for MediPharm Labs Inc.
- a Canadian Chartered Bank, as Administrative Agent for a syndicate of lenders, in connection with US$500 million credit facilities for a leading North American diversified utility company.
- Integrated Private Debt Fund V LP (now Fiera Private Debt) on a CDN$45 million senior secured term loan for Lighthouse Finance which was used to fund an operating lease package for Cooke Aquaculture Inc. and certain of its affiliates for the purchase of an aircraft, marine vessels, and aquaculture equipment.
- The Intertain Group Limited in connection with its $352.5 million senior secured credit facilities.
Select publications include:
- Canadian/US Commercial Law Guide (Thomson Carswell)
- Project Finance – The Canadian View (Thomson Carswell)
- Establishing A Business in Canada (Practical Law)
Bryan worked as a summer student and completed his articles at the firm. Prior to joining Cassels, Bryan’s work experience included working in the legal department at The Equitable Trust Company (now, Equitable Bank), Scotia Capital, Canadian Tire Corporation, the Office of the Minister of Community and Social Services (Ontario) and the Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure (Ontario). Bryan is proficient in French.