Our Blockchain & Digital Assets Group is one of the leading practices of its kind in Canada. Our multidisciplinary team has expertise in a broad range of legal disciplines that are critical to businesses that operate within the Web3 and digital asset ecosystem. At Cassels, we believe that the use of distributed ledger technology and the proliferation of digital assets in the world economy will continue to evolve at a rapid pace.
Our team is well positioned to assist clients strategically navigate the commercial opportunities, regulatory challenges, and compliance requirements that exist within the digital asset industry. We provide advice to clients at all stages of the business lifecycle and have significant experience working with virtual asset service providers, exchanges and trading platforms, miners, non-fungible token (NFT) issuers, software developers, digital artists, Web3 creative agencies, regulators, and industry associations.
We are able to provide advice on matters relating to:
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance
- Anti-Terrorism Financing (ATF) Compliance
- Banking & Speciality Finance
- Brand, Endorsement, and Strategic Partnerships
- Consumer Protection
- Corporate and Commercial Agreements
- Cybersecurity and Technology
- Data Privacy and Analytics
- Intellectual Property
- Know Your Client (KYC) Compliance
- M&A, IPOs, and Other Corporate Transactions
- NFT Issuance, Distribution, and Licensing
- Real Estate and Real Property Tokenisation
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Securities Law
- Software Development
- Tax Law
Clients can access further information about our experience in Banking & Specialty Finance, Fintech/High Growth & Venture Capital, Entertainment & Sports, Information Technology & Data Privacy, Intellectual Property, Litigation, Real Estate & Development, Regulatory, Securities/Securities Litigation, and Taxation.