Kyle Simpson is a Partner in the Business Law Group at Cassels. Kyle represents both public and private companies as well as investment dealers in a variety of transactions, including corporate financings, mergers and acquisitions and going public transactions. His practice also includes advising issuers with respect to general corporate and securities law matters, such as corporate governance practices and continuous disclosure and regulatory compliance. Kyle represents clients in a broad array of industries including mining, cannabis, finance and technology.
Some of the transactions in which Kyle has been involved include representing:
- Battle North Gold Corporation in its $61 million public offering and $10.9 million, $5.75 million, $5.3 million, $12 million and $9 million private placements
- Troilus Gold Corp. in its $7 million, $25 million and $22.1 million public offerings and $6.22 million and $12.8 million private placements
- Talon Metals Corp. in its $11.1 million and $11.5 million public offerings and $4 million private placement
- Wheaton Precious Metals Corp. in its establishment of an ATM equity program for up to US$300 million of common shares
- Lithium Americas Corp. in its establishment of an ATM equity program for up to US$100 million of common shares
- Dundee Corporation in its substantial issuer bids for its class A shares and its series 2 preferred shares
- A syndicate of underwriters in Vizsla Resources Corp.’s $30 million private placement and $4.6 million public offering
- A syndicate of underwriters in Ero Copper Corp.’s $127 million initial public offering and secondary offering
- A syndicate of underwriters in OrganiGram Holdings Inc.’s $10 million, $23 million, $40 million, $57.5 million and $115 million public offerings
Kyle is a graduate of the J.D. program from the Faculty of Law at the University of Western Ontario, where he was the recipient of the Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt Award in Corporate Finance. Prior to studying law, Kyle earned a B.A. (Honours) in Political Science with a minor in Criminology from the University of Western Ontario.