Kyle Simpson is an associate in the Business Law Group at Cassels. Kyle represents both public and private companies as well as investment dealers in a variety of transactions, including corporate financings, mergers and acquisitions and going public transactions. His practice also includes advising issuers with respect to general corporate and securities law matters, such as corporate governance practices and regulatory compliance. Kyle represents clients in a broad array of industries including cannabis, mining, finance, life sciences and technology.
Some of the transactions in which Kyle has been involved include representing:
- A syndicate of agents in SLANG Worldwide Inc.’s $16.8 million and $66 million private placements, qualifying prospectus and CSE listing
- Lift & Co. Corp. in its going public transaction and related private placements
- A syndicate of underwriters in OrganiGram Holdings Inc.’s $10 million, $23 million, $40 million, $57.5 million and $115 million public offerings
- CannaRoyalty Corp. in its going public transaction and related private placements
- A syndicate of underwriters in Ero Copper Corp.’s $127 million initial public offering and secondary offering
Kyle is a graduate of the J.D. program from the Faculty of Law at the University of Western Ontario, where he was the recipient of the Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt Award in Corporate Finance. Prior to studying law, Kyle earned a B.A. (Honours) in Political Science with a minor in Criminology from the University of Western Ontario.