Randy Bassi is a partner in the Real Estate & Development Group at Cassels. Randy maintains a general commercial real estate practice and acts on behalf of developers, vendors, purchasers, lenders and borrowers on a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including financings, acquisitions, dispositions and various land use matters, including the subdividing and consolidating of lots.
In addition to Randy’s general real estate practice, he maintains a diverse commercial leasing practice. He has significant experience with structuring, drafting and negotiating lease agreements on behalf of both landlords and tenants for industrial, office, shopping centre and retail spaces, as well as leases for bare land. He also assists landlords and tenants with lease renewals and extensions, lease terminations and end of lease restoration obligations.
Some of Randy’s specific leasing experience includes advising:
- Numerous landlords and tenants on office lease agreements
- Numerous landlords and tenants on lease agreements for warehouse space in Vancouver and the Fraser Valley
- National and international restaurant chains and retailers, including a prominent custom clothing retailer on lease agreements for showroom space in cities such as New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and Toronto
- Numerous purchasers on reviews of lease agreements being assumed as part share and asset acquisitions
- A vendor on a lease proposal in connection with a one hundred million dollar asset sale pursuant to which the vendor, as landlord, and purchaser, as tenant, entered into lease and easement agreements for numerous industrial sites located in the Fraser Valley
Randy is fluent in both English and Punjabi.