Noah Leszcz (he/him/his) is an associate in the Franchise Law and Business Groups at Cassels. Noah practices business law, with a focus on franchising, licensing, distribution, emerging companies, and intellectual property. He works with a diverse group of franchise and distribution companies, assisting with legal and regulatory issues, contractual drafting, intellectual property, and compliance with Canadian franchise disclosure legislation. Noah also represents clients in the cannabis industry, providing counsel relating to retail cannabis operations, brand licensing, and franchising matters. Noah has completed the Osgoode Certificate in Cannabis Law and Regulation.
Noah prides himself on providing business-forward advice to his clients, routinely assisting with:
- Drafting and updating of franchise agreements and franchise disclosure documents for single unit or area development, master franchising, joint-venture franchising and other expansion programs
- Negotiating all manner of franchise agreements and domestic and international franchise transactions
- Adaptation of foreign franchise documentation and franchise programs for use in Canada
- Advising on the purchase and sale of individual franchises, and franchise systems as a whole
- Advising on franchise system changes and franchise relationship management
- Providing legal compliance training and ongoing advisory functions throughout all stages of franchise expansion