- Larry Weinberg moderated a panel at the 2021 International Franchise Association (IFA) Legal Symposium, which will be held virtually on May 4-6, 2021, on Global Expansion in a Stay at Home World: How Franchise Systems Expand Internationally Today.
- Noah Leszcz spoke at the 2021 International Franchise Association (IFA) Legal Symposium, which was held virtually on May 4-6, 2021, on Ghost Kitchens, Virtual Restaurants, and the Intersection with Franchising.
- Eric Mayzel chaired an Ontario Bar Association (OBA) franchise section program on June 22, 2021 on Protecting and Enforcing Confidential Information and Trade Secrets in the Franchise Industry.
- Larry Weinberg was appointed to Vice-Chair of the International Franchise Association’s International Committee for a two-year term.
- Frank Robinson was appointed to serve on the International Franchise Association’s Legal Symposium Task Force, responsible for planning and organizing the May 2022 annual IFA Legal Symposium in Washington, DC.
- Derek Ronde was elected Secretary of the Ontario Bar Association Franchise Law Section for the 2021-22 term. He is joined on the Section Executive by Peter Snell.
- Peter Snell spoke at the CFA Virtual Franchise Canada Expo held August 3 to August 29 on “Franchise Basics: Franchise Agreements, Disclosure Documents and More!”
- Noah Leszcz spoke at the CFA Virtual Franchise Show on August 26, 2021 on “The Legal Aspects of Buying a Franchise.”
- Noah Leszcz will be speaking at the 2021 Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) Law Day, which will be held virtually on September 23, 2021, on a topic entitled Ghost Kitchens and Franchising. Derek Ronde will also be speaking at the 2021 CFA Law Day on the recent Supreme Court of Canada trilogy of cases on the duty of good faith.
- Larry Weinberg is speaking at the CFA’s How to Franchise Your Business Seminar on October 5, 2021.
- Larry Weinberg is speaking on a panel called The Annotated International Franchise Agreement at the American Bar Association (ABA) annual Forum on Franchising, being held October 13-15, 2021.
- Larry Weinberg is moderating a panel at the CFA’s Growth and Exit Strategies Webinar on October 28, 2021.
- Chris Horkins is co-chairing the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) 20th Annual Franchise Law Conference in December 2021. Frank Robinson will be speaking on Cannibis and Franchising. Larry Weinberg is chairing a session on “Then and Now: Insights from 20 Years of Franchise Practice” to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the conference.