Monique Sassi is a partner in the Restructuring & Insolvency Group at Cassels. Monique’s practice focuses on international and domestic corporate restructurings. Monique has expertise in insolvency proceedings in the retail, oil & gas, and renewable energy sectors. In addition, Monique has advised on matters involving formal and informal corporate reorganizations, enforcement of security, and unsecured creditor remedies. Monique is a member of TMA, INSOL and the South African Restructuring Association (SARIPA) and has guest lectured at the University of Windsor for the Bankruptcy and Insolvency course.
Monique’s experience includes representing:
- Ernst & Young as court-appointed monitor of Rothmans Benson & Hedges Inc.
- Grant Thornton as court-appointed monitor of Toys “R” Us (Canada) Ltd
- A. Farber & Partners Inc. as court-appointed receiver of Mill Street & Co Inc.
- Payless ShoeSource Canada Inc. in connection with their worldwide restructuring
- Connacher Oil and Gas Limited in its CCAA proceedings
- The Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc., et al. in connection with a cross-border litigation and insolvency proceeding
- The Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Nortel Networks Inc. and certain of its direct and indirect subsidiaries in cross-border CCAA/Chapter 11 proceedings