Mickey Lungu is a partner in the Business Law Group at Cassels. Mickey’s practice is focused on counselling clients in respect of mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate finance and general corporate and commercial law matters. In this capacity, he regularly advises foreign companies regarding Canadian legal matters in connection with the acquisition and divestiture of, investment into or establishment of businesses in Canada. Mickey has experience assisting public and private companies, as well as private equity funds and their portfolio companies, with corporate transactions across a variety of industries, including real estate, hospitality, mining, cannabis, information technology, specialty manufacturing and consumer products.
Examples of Mickey’s recent work in these areas include representing:
- GNI Management Group Inc., through the receiver of its parent company, in connection with its sale to Ironbridge Equity Partners
- Integrated Technology Limited in connection with its sale to a portfolio company of HCI Equity Partners
- Visage Cosmetics Limited in connection with its sale to Equicapita Income Trust and Equicapita Investment Corp.
- Canada Fibers Ltd. and Urban Resource Group in connection with its sale to GFL Environmental Inc.
- Term DIP Lenders to Sears Canada Inc. in connection with its CCAA proceedings
- Starwood Capital Group in connection with its sale of five Westin branded hotels throughout Canada
- Versapay Corporation in connection with the sale of its merchant services business unit to First Data Corporation (formerly, BluePay Processing, LLC)
- Sotheby’s in connection with its acquisition of an ownership interest in RM Auctions Inc.