Mickey Lungu is a partner in the Business Law Group at Cassels. Mickey’s practice is focused on counselling clients in respect of mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate finance and general corporate and commercial law matters. In this capacity, he regularly advises foreign companies regarding Canadian legal matters in connection with the acquisition and divestiture of, investment into or establishment of businesses in Canada. Mickey has experience assisting public and private companies, as well as private equity funds and their portfolio companies, with corporate transactions across a variety of industries, including real estate, hospitality, mining, cannabis, information technology, specialty manufacturing and consumer products.
Examples of Mickey’s recent work in these areas include representing:
- Canada Fibers Ltd. and Urban Resource Group in connection with its sale to GFL Environmental Inc.
- Starwood Capital Group in connection with its sale of a portfolio of Westin branded hotels throughout Canada
- Versapay Corporation in connection with the sale of its merchant services business unit to First Data Corporation (formerly, BluePay Processing, LLC)
- Sotheby’s in connection with its acquisition of an ownership interest in RM Auctions Inc.
- NanoLeaf Technologies Inc. in connection with its sale to Maricann Group Inc.
- Xtreme Labs in connection with its sale to GoPivotal Inc.