Daniel Cipollone is an associate in the Banking & Specialty Finance Group at Cassels and is a member of the firm’s top-ranked Private Equity and Cannabis Groups. He advises private and public companies, financial institutions and alternative lending institutions in connection with various financing matters, reorganizations and mergers and acquisitions.
Daniel’s representative experience includes acting for:
- Bank of Montreal (TSX: BMO-T; NYSE: BMO) in connection with Firmex Inc.’s sponsor-backed credit facility
- Canopy Growth Corporation (TSX: WEED; NYSE: CGC) in connection with its acquisition of KeyLeaf Life Sciences
- GSO Capital Partners LP, a subsidiary of The Blackstone Group, in connection with a US$124 million unitranche term loan facility with Dominion Colour Corporation to finance, in part, the successful acquisition of LANSCO Colors LLC (formerly Landers-Segal Color Co., Incorporated)
- An ad hoc committee of debtholders in connection with a recapitalization transaction involving the exchange of approximately US$404 million of secured debt for common shares of the reorganized company and US$75 million in take-back debt pursuant to a new secured credit facility. The transaction was implemented pursuant to a plan of arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act
- Canopy Growth Corporation (TSX: WEED; NYSE: CGC) in connection with its offering of 4.25% convertible senior notes due 2023 in an aggregate principal amount of $500 million
- Stantec Inc. (TSX: STN; NYSE: STN) in connection with the amendment and restatement of its $1.11 billion credit facility
- IBI Group (TSX: IBG) in connection with its $130 million syndicated credit facility and $30 million bid bond credit facility
- Canso Investment Counsel Ltd., the largest first lien debtholder, in the $600 million recapitalization of Postmedia Network Inc. (PNI) pursuant to the Canada Business Corporations Act, including significant amendments to PNI’s outstanding 8.25% senior secured notes and the paydown of approximately $78 million of the First Lien Notes
Daniel received his J.D. from Osgoode Hall Law School and his M.B.A. from the Schulich School of Business in 2014. Daniel received his Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) from York University. During his studies, he received several academic awards, including the J.D./M.B.A. Hennick Scholars Award for academic excellence. Prior to joining Cassels, he summered, articled and was an associate with an international full-service law firm where he also completed a secondment with the Ontario Securities Commission.
Daniel is a presenter at Osgoode Hall’s annual Perfect Your PPSA Skills Conference. He is also a board member of the JD/MBA Alumni Association for Osgoode Hall Law School and the Schulich School of Business and has completed the Osgoode Certificate in Cannabis Law and Regulation.