Brian Temins* (he/him/his) is a partner in the Business Law Group at Cassels. Brian’s practice focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions with an emphasis on growth-oriented businesses. Brian also advises emerging companies, including numerous technology clients. He concentrates on acquiring a clear understanding of the client’s business objectives and then creates solutions to achieve those objectives. This allows Brian to provide a thorough legal solution in all phases of a transaction as well as advise on day-to-day business matters and long-term strategic goals.
Examples of Brian’s recent experience include acting for:
- Commercial Bakeries Corp., a private label cookie manufacturer, in its sale to Graham Partners, a private investment firm
- House of Cool in its sale to WildBrain Ltd., serving to expand and enhance WildBrain’s pre-production facilities
- Lynx Equity Limited in its acquisitions of, among others:
- Henry’s: Canada’s Greatest Camera Store – one of the largest stores within Canada’s digital imaging industry – this addition was the first of its kind for Lynx;
- Buse Timber & Sales Inc., located in Everett, Washington, expanding Lynx’s presence in the wood re-manufacturing market; and
- Resource4Floors, a full-service commercial flooring contractor providing distribution and installation of flooring materials headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Minus Forty Group in its sale to Ronin Equity Partners
- FirePower Equity in its significant private equity investment in Wesbell Technologies, a leading Canadian telecommunications services provider
Prior to joining Cassels, Brian served as Managing Partner at a Toronto-based full-service business law firm.
*denotes Professional Corporation