representative work

ArcWest Completes Earn-in Agreement with Freeport-McMoRan


On March 10, 2023, ArcWest Exploration Inc. entered into an earn-in agreement with Freeport-McMoRan Mineral Properties Canada Inc. to advance ArcWest’s Todd Creek copper-gold project, located in BC’s Golden Triangle.

ArcWest’s 100% owned Todd Creek project adjoins Newcrest Mining’s Brucejack property and is situated approximately 40 km southeast of Seabridge Gold’s KSM project and Tudor Gold’s Treaty Creek project, collectively, one of the largest gold-copper concentrations in North America.  Under the terms of the earn-in agreement, to earn an initial 51% interest Freeport must fund $20 million of work expenditures over a 5-year period and make staged cash payments to ArcWest totaling $900,000. Upon Freeport earning such 51% interest, it can elect to earn an additional 29% ownership interest in the Todd Creek project (for a total 80% interest) by sole funding a further $30 million within the following five years and making staged cash payments to ArcWest totaling $750,000.

Cassels acted for Freeport-McMoRan.

RELATED EXPERTISE: Business | Mining