Keith Templeton* is a partner in the Business Law Group at Cassels. Keith practices corporate and commercial law with a focus on oil and gas, midstream and related service industries. He acts for several energy, midstream and service firms, both public and private, including large multi-nationals, in both domestic and international transactions. Keith has extensive experience in transactions related to the energy, midstream and related service industries, including the acquisition, disposition and operation of energy and midstream service assets as well as joint venture and corporate finance matters. He has also served on the boards of both public and private entities as well as being the corporate secretary for several corporations and is a member of the bars of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and the Northwest Territories.
Keith’s representative work includes acting for:
- Journey Energy Inc. on its strategic joint venture agreement with Kiwetinohk Resources Corp. with respect to the development of Journey’s East Duvernay Oil Resource Lands
- US-based multi-national company in the sale of its Production Chemical Business to Secure Energy Services Inc.
- Maha Energy AB in its purchase of the Brazilian oil and gas assets of Gran Tierra Energy Inc. through the purchase of all the shares of Gran Tierra Finance (Luxembourg) SARL and Gran Tierra Brazco (Luxembourg) SARL
- Tamarack Valley Energy Ltd. in the purchases of oil and gas assets from Bonavista Energy Corporation, Suncor Energy Inc., Penn West Petroleum, Husky Energy Ltd. and Farmout agreement with Taqa Inc.
- EnCana Oil & Gas Partnership in the negotiation and execution of numerous joint ventures, farmouts and participation agreements with third parties for the joint development of EnCana’s petroleum and natural gas rights
- The management of Zedi Inc., an oil and gas technology company, in its going private transaction by way of Plan of Arrangement and all legal matters throughout North America.
- Kainaiwa Energy Inc. (the Blood First Nation) in its strategic joint venture agreements with North America Resource Partners
- CEDA International Corporation, an industrial oil and service company, as general counsel, on all legal matters throughout North America
*denotes Professional Corporation