Amanda Metallo is an associate in the Business Law Group at Cassels and is a member of the firm’s High Growth & Venture Capital Group. Amanda’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial law, with an emphasis on merger and acquisition, private equity and venture financing transactions involving both public and private companies.
Amanda has assisted clients in high growth industries, such as the technology and cannabis sectors, and has diverse experience working with clients on the incorporation, organization and financing of companies, and in drafting early stage shareholder, partnership, joint venture and strategic collaboration agreements as well as drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements.
Examples of Amanda’s recent work in these areas include representing:
- PowerHub Inc., a Canadian software company, in connection with its sale to the BayWa Group
- Mobile Klinik, a smartphone and tablet repair franchise, in connection with its $27.5 million Class A Preferred Share financing
- OnDeck, an online lending platform, in connection with its joint venture transaction with the Evolocity Group, a private Montreal-based online small business lender
- Canopy Growth Corporation in connection with its acquisition of BC Tweed Joint Ventures Inc.
- Obero Technologies Inc. in connection with the sale of its sales performance management business to Xactly Canada, Inc.
Amanda received her J.D. from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2016. Prior to law school, Amanda graduated with high distinction from the University of Toronto with an Honours Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and Ethics, Society & Law.