The second annual Canadian Law Awards presented by Lexpert recognized the nation’s leading law firms, in-house legal teams, individuals and landmark deals of the past year.
Cassels is honoured to have partnered with our clients on the following deal recognized as a Gold Winner by these awards:
- KingSett Capital and Starlight Investments acquisition of Northview Apartment REIT (M&A Deal of the Year)
We are also proud to have worked on these deals, recognized as Excellence Award recipients:
- Kirkland Lake acquisition of Detour Gold (M&A Deal of the Year)
- CCAA restructuring of James E. Wagner Cultivation Corporation (R+I Deal of the Year)
- Recapitalization of Calfrac Well Services Ltd. and its affiliates (R+I Deal of the Year)
- Evolution Mining acquisition of the Red Lake gold mine from Newmont (Mid-Market Deal of the Year)
The firm was also recognized as an Excellence Award recipient in the category Best Use of Technology in a Law Firm for FourLines. FourLines has created a functional bridge between the firm’s practitioners and new processes and technology. Never has this bridge been more important than in the past year. FourLines was quick to recognize the challenges faced by practitioners as they transitioned to working remotely and moved to ensure meaningful solutions.