Cassels has been named a finalist in several categories at the Canadian Law Awards, presented by Lexpert.
The inaugural Canadian Law Awards will recognize the nation’s leading law firms, in-house legal teams, individuals and landmark deals over the past year. It’s a true reflection of excellence in the legal profession.
We are proud to have partnered with our clients on the following deals recognized by these awards:
- Catalyst Paper Restructuring (Restructuring & Insolvency Deal of the Year)
- Canadian Natural Resources Acquires Devon Canada Assets (M&A Deal of the Year)
- Osisko Mining Resources Takeover of Chantrell Ventures (M&A Deal of the Year)
- Canopy Acquires Acreage (Cross Border Deal of the Year)
- Newmont Acquires Goldcorp/Newmont Barrick Joint Venture (Cross Border Deal of the Year)
In addition, the firm has been honoured as a finalist in the category Best Use of Technology in a Law Firm for FourLines, a division of Cassels that focuses on continually improving the quality and timeliness of our legal advice and related services, including through the assessment, pilot, and implementation of specialized staffing models, streamlined workflows, and technology.
We are also excited to see our friend Phil Shaer nominated for Law Department Leader of the Year.