Jenna Clark is an associate in the Banking & Specialty Finance Group at Cassels. Jenna’s practice focuses on corporate financing matters, representing both lenders and borrowers involved in domestic and cross-border lending and corporate reorganizations, including secured and unsecured lending transactions, project finance, and syndicated loans. She offers particular experience assisting clients in the natural resources and mining sectors.
Jenna’s representative experience includes acting for:
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. in the completion of a US$120 million project finance facility for the Las Chispas Project in Mexico
- Victoria Gold Corp. in connection with its US$75 million senior secured project finance facility, US$100 million secured subordinated debt facility, and US$50 million equipment financing facility for the development of the Eagle Gold Project in the Yukon, Canada and related $98 million royalty arrangements
- Continental Gold Inc. in connection with its US$250 million senior secured project finance facility, US$100 million stream facility, and US$75 million unsecured convertible facility, in each case for the development of the Buritica Project in Colombia
- Atlantic Gold Corporation in connection with its $150 million senior secured revolving credit facility
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. in connection with its US$375 million senior secured project finance and cost overrun facility for the development of the El Limon-Guajes Project in Mexico, and subsequent refinancings
- Canadian Western Bank and a syndicate of lenders in connection with a $100 million facility to a national private mortgage lender
- Canadian Western Bank in connection with a $90 million facility to a regional private mortgage lender, and multiple real estate financing transactions (including those relating to term, acquisition, and construction loan facilities)
Jenna obtained her J.D. from the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University and she was honoured to represent her graduating class as Valedictorian. While at Dalhousie, Jenna attained Dean’s List distinction and received multiple academic awards, including prizes for highest standing in Securities Regulation, Evidence Law, Environmental Law, Criminal Law, and Property Law.