Ann Watterworth* is a partner in the Mining Group at Cassels. Ann has a corporate practice with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. In addition, Ann advises clients on a wide range of commercial agreements including, in the mining context, option agreements, off-take agreements, joint venture agreements, drilling contracts, mining services agreements and EPCM contracts. She frequently acts for business owners on restructuring, mergers and acquisitions and providing general corporate advice. She also regularly acts for the Canadian subsidiaries of international corporations and assists international corporations with setting up their Canadian operations.
A few of Ann’s notable projects in the mining and energy fields include acting for:
- Goldcorp Inc. in its divestiture of the Escobal Project to Tahoe Resources Inc. and its divestiture of the San Dimas Mine to Primero Gold Inc.
- Lake Shore Gold in its acquisition of certain mining properties from Barrick Gold
- Tonbridge Power Inc. in its purchase of all the issued and outstanding shares in the capital of Rocky Mountain Power Ltd.
Ann also offers significant experience in the health care area. Some of her projects in this area include acting for:
- Veris Health Sciences Inc. in establishing its clinics in Canada and Europe relating to the treatment of macular degeneration
- Baxter Group of Companies in connection with various acquisitions and divestitures including the negotiation of its joint venture with Sabex Inc., its purchase of the anaesthesia business from Zeneca Pharma Inc. and the spin-off of the cardiovascular division to Edwards Lifesciences
- Canadian Blood Services in the acquisition of the blood assets from the Canadian Red Cross Society
Ann has appeared on ROB TV and is a lecturer at Western University’s Mining Law course.
*denotes Professional Corporation