Aimee O’Donnell is an associate in the Securities Group at Cassels. Aimee’s practice is transaction based, involving all aspects of corporate and securities law, with an emphasis on advising public companies involved in M&A transactions, business combination transactions and corporate finance transactions (including takeover bids and going public transactions), particularly in the mining and resource sector. In addition to transactional work, Aimee advises public companies on their day-to-day securities compliance, disclosure and corporate governance matters, including mineral project disclosure and Canadian stock exchange issues. Aimee regularly advises mining clients at every stage of development, including exploration and development companies, early-stage junior mining clients and established senior producers. Aimee has completed the Osgoode Certificate in Mining Law.
Aimee received her J.D. from the University of British Columbia with a concentration in Business Law. Prior to law school, Aimee graduated from the Beedie School of Business at Simon Fraser University with a Bachelor of Business Administration. During her undergraduate degree, Aimee also earned a major in Psychology and minor in Criminology.
Aimee’s representative transactions include acting as counsel to:
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Lundin Mining Corporation in its $1.5 billion hostile take-over for Nevsun Resources Ltd.
- Tahoe Resources Inc. in its US$1.1 billion acquisition by Pan American Silver Corp.
- The agents in a $200 million senior unsecured note offering of Finning International Inc.
- The agents in a $200 million bond offering of South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority
- The agents in a $175 million medium term note debenture offering of FortisBC Energy Inc.
- US Cobalt Inc. in its $149.9 million acquisition by First Cobalt Corp.
- Filo Mining Corp. in its $40 million bought deal financing
- Orla Mining Ltd. in its $30.7 million bought deal financing