The only equipment financing text on the Canadian market has been authored by noted experts in the field, Jonathan Fleisher and Carla Potter. Their text, Equipment Financing in Canada, has now been published by LexisNexis.
This authoritative text acknowledges the breadth of this topic by providing a comprehensive look at equipment finance in Canada. It also draws comparisons with United States law and practice and is useful for non-Canadian finance companies entering the Canadian market.
- the nature of equipment finance;
- the market & how it is funded;
- legal aspects of equipment financing;
- clause-by-clause examinations of key provisions in a typical equipment finance transaction;
- considerations under the Personal Property Security Act;
- treatment of equipment finance contracts in the event of bankruptcy and restructuring;
- rail, marine and aviation financing;
- tax and regulatory matters; and
- emerging trends.
Equipment Financing in Canada should be on the bookshelves of banking & finance lawyers, in-house counsel at banks, commercial financers and non-banks, accountants, US funders and law libraries.
Additional and important contributions to the text were made by Cassels partners Suhuyini Abudulai, Joe Bellissimo, Patience Omokhodion, and Jennifer Wasylyk.
To learn more or order a copy, visit lexisnexis.ca.