Cassels is proud to announce that five members of the firm’s IP team have been recognized by the World Trademark Review (WTR) in its latest ranking of leading Canadian trademark professionals.
The firm was recognized for its expertise in domestic matters, with WTR noting: “the signature specialty of Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is its strong domestic practice, where it excels in building strategies to add value to client portfolios. The group has also been making strides in developing its international management of IP filings while maintaining a strong presence in the entertainment sector. ‘To be candid, I haven’t worked with anyone there who isn’t good,’ praises one satisfied patron.”
- Shane Hardy was ranked for his expertise in ‘Enforcement & Litigation’, ‘Prosecution & Strategy,’ and ‘Transactions.’ Says WTR: “A courteous and business-minded practitioner, he is truly a stand-out attorney; in every level of brand management, he is an all-round superstar.”
- Alison Hayman – noted as a leader in both ‘Prosecution & Strategy’ and ‘Transactions’ – is “lauded for her acute analysis of how to best achieve her clients’ business objectives and her sound risk assessments.”
- Peter Henein is also listed for ‘Enforcement & Litigation’. The publication says that he “provides excellent guidance” and leads teams that are “smart, professional and effective.”
- Steven Kennedy makes his debut on the listing this year for ‘Enforcement & Litigation’ and ‘Prosecution & Strategy,’ with clients noting that: “He is an outstanding lawyer both for his technical skills, professionalism and enthusiasm” and say that “he is definitely a first-choice in Canada.”
- Stephen Selznick was also recognized for his expertise in ‘Enforcement & Litigation.’ Says WTR: “He is a go-to for both domestic and foreign rights holders.”
The WTR 1000 research directory, which focuses exclusively on trademark practices and practitioners, has firmly established itself as the definitive ‘go-to’ resource for those seeking world-class legal trademark expertise. Learn more here.