Cassels has once again been ranked in Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, a leading international guide to lawyers and law firms with global expertise throughout the world.
Cassels was specifically recognized for its expertise in the areas of Aboriginal Law (“well-established firm with a notable platform”); Banking & Finance (“I have not come across a deal yet that Cassels could not handle”); Intellectual Property (“they get the results we’re looking for”); Mining: International & Cross-Border (“fantastic and well versed”); Restructuring & Insolvency (“resources to do complex work”); and Projects & Energy: Mining & Minerals (“people there who really know the industry”).
In addition to ranking law firms, the guide also ranks individual lawyers. We’re proud of the following Cassels lawyers who are ranked in the 2020 edition of Chambers Global:
- Mark Bennett – Mining: International & Cross-Border
- Mary Buttery – Restructuring & Insolvency
- Gordon Chambers – Mining: International & Cross-Border (also ranked as a Foreign Expert for Australia)
- Casey Chisick – Intellectual Property
- Jane Dietrich – Restructuring & Insolvency
- Jay Goldman – Mining: International & Cross-Border
- Shane Hardy – Intellectual Property (Litigation)
- Chris Hersh – Competition
- Thomas Isaac – Aboriginal
- Ryan Jacobs – Restructuring & Insolvency (also ranked as a Foreign Expert for USA)
- Bernice Karn – Information Technology
- Shayne Kukulowicz – Restructuring & Insolvency
- Alison Manzer – Banking & Financial Services
- Marc Mercier – Banking & Financial Services
- Charles Newman – Banking & Financial Services
- Michael Osborne – Competition (Litigation)
- Darrell Podowski – Mining: International & Cross-Border
- Paul Stein – Mining: International & Cross-Border
- Brenda Swick – International Trade/WTO
- Larry Weinberg – Franchising
Many of our practice areas and lawyers were also ranked in Chambers Canada, which recommends the very best firms and practitioners in 40+ specialist practice areas across the country. Learn more here.