Lauren Grossman is an associate in the Banking & Specialty Finance Group at Cassels. Lauren’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial law, representing both lenders and borrowers involved in domestic and cross-border financing transactions and corporate finance matters. Lauren’s experience includes both secured and unsecured lending transactions, asset-based financings, acquisition financings, securitizations, and project financings. She is ranked as a Rising Star in Banking by IFLR1000.
Examples of Lauren’s recent work include acting for:
- HSBC Bank Canada as administrative agent on a US$510 million syndicated financing to Spin Master Ltd. and its subsidiaries in France, Hong Kong, Mexico, United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, Netherlands
- The Ottawa Senators Hockey Club in respect of the financing of the NHL Team and Canadian Tire Center
- A Canadian Chartered Bank in connection with a $296 million syndicated financing in favour of a leading seniors housing company
- Mizuho Corporate Bank, Ltd. in respect of the securitization of a $530 million portfolio of automobile receivables
- Clarksons Platou Securities and Pareto Securities as joint lead managers in respect of Nemaska Lithium Inc.’s US$350 million offering of senior secured callable bonds completed on a private placement basis
Lauren received her J.D. from the University of Toronto, Faculty of Law. Prior to studying law, Lauren graduated with Distinction from Western University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and Medical Science.