Winda Chan (she/her/hers) is a member of the firm’s Banking & Specialty Finance and Mining Groups at Cassels. Winda advises on a variety of corporate transactions and financings, including corporate financings, project financings, equipment financings, securitizations, acquisition financings, syndicated loans, secured and unsecured lending, and cross-border lending transactions. Winda regularly acts for clients in the resource sector with extensive experience in advising on financing arrangements ranging from convertible debt, streaming and royalties, to subordinated and senior debt. Winda also completed the Osgoode Certificate in Mining Law. Winda is a member of both the British Columbia and Ontario bar and frequently acts on multi-jurisdictional transactions.
Winda graduated from the J.D. program at the University of British Columbia. While in law school, she received an academic award for outstanding achievement in Commercial Transactions and the Rosina and Gabriel Iacobucci Prize for high academic standing in Family Law. Prior to law school, Winda graduated with Honours from the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia.
Winda’s experience includes:
- Lundin Mining Corporation in connection with its US$800 million senior secured revolving credit facility with a US$200 million accordion feature
- Victoria Gold Corp. in connection with its US$75 million senior secured project finance facility, US$100 million secured subordinated debt facility, and US$50 million equipment financing facility for the development of the Eagle Gold Project in the Yukon, Canada and on its US$200 million corporate debt facility
- Continental Gold Inc. in connection with its US$250 million senior secured project finance facility
- Canopy Growth Corporation in connection with its US$750 million credit facility
- A bond trustee on a nearly $300 million bond issuance to a copper mining group