Frank DeLuca is a partner in the Securities Group at Cassels. Frank’s practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, corporate governance and continuous disclosure. He has extensive experience in negotiating support, arrangement and voting agreements for public acquisitions and sales and purchase agreements for private acquisitions, advising both issuers and underwriters in the raising of capital in Canada and the US, assisting clients in constructing and documenting corporate governance regimes in compliance with applicable laws and industry standards, including industry associations, advising clients on compliance with continuous disclosure regimes under applicable securities laws and industry standards, and providing strategic advice to clients on the implementation and structuring of a variety of joint ventures in various jurisdictions around the world. Frank has been recognized as a leader in his field by the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory since 2013.
Frank’s representative work includes having acted for:
- Primaris Retail Real Estate Investment Trust in 11 public offerings of equity securities and convertible debentures for total proceeds of approximately $1.2 billion
- Borealis Infrastructure Management Inc. and Borealis Acquisition Corporation in their unsolicited takeover bid for Teranet Income Fund
- Falconbridge Limited in connection with the competing offers by Xstrata plc and Inco Limited to purchase all of its outstanding shares and the eventual purchase of all of its outstanding shares by Xstrata and in connection with debt and equity offerings in Canada and in the US through the Canada/US multijurisdictional disclosure system (MJDS)
- GS Capital Partners on the acquisitions of Alliance Atlantis Communications Inc. and Movie Distribution Income Fund
- Atlas Cold Storage Income Trust in the purchase of the outstanding units of Atlas by the Avion Group