David Kelman is an associate in the Litigation Group at Cassels. David has a broad commercial litigation practice with a particular emphasis on corporate and securities litigation. He adopts a practical and analytical approach to resolving disputes, while focussing on the client’s business needs and strategic objectives. David also has experience representing public and private corporations, directors and senior management, and shareholders in a broad range of commercial cases involving oppression remedies, takeover bids, breach of contract claims and shareholder disputes. He has appeared on behalf of clients at all levels of court in Ontario and before administrative bodies, including the Ontario Securities Commission.
David’s representative work also includes:
- Representing directors, officers and issuers in securities regulatory proceedings
- Defending financial institutions in price fixing competition class actions
- Representing franchisors in multi-jurisdictional franchise litigation disputes
- Acting for institutional creditors in the realization and recovery of special loans
- Representing landlords and tenants in commercial leasing disputes
Prior to studying law, David graduated with distinction from the H.B.A. Program at the Ivey Business School at Western University, with an emphasis on finance, economics and business strategy, and worked as a strategic development consultant to a software development company.