Corinne Grigoriu* is a partner in the Taxation Group at Cassels. Corinne’s practice focuses on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, inbound and outbound investment and financing, corporate reorganization and restructuring transactions and private equity investments. She advises Canadian and international clients in a variety of sectors, including oil & gas, mining, renewable energy and technology. Corinne also provides advice to clients with respect to executive compensation matters and internal tax matters. Corinne is a member of the Board of Directors of the Canadian Petroleum Tax Society, an advisor to the Canadian Tax Foundation Board of Governors and Past Chair of the Young Practitioners’ Steering Committee (Calgary). Corinne is a strong supporter of the arts in Calgary and is a member of the Board of Directors of the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra.
Corinne’s representative work includes acting for:
- Canadian Natural Resources Limited, Canada’s largest oil & gas producer, in its $3.775 billion acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Devon Canada Corporation
- innogy SE in its decision to construct two solar projects in Canada
- Pipestone Oil Corp. in its strategic merger with Blackbird Energy Inc. and $309.5 million in equity and debt financings to form Pipestone Energy Corp.
- Quad-C Management on its investment in S.i. Systems
- Andrew Peller Limited in its acquisition of three British Columbia wineries
- Veresen Inc. in its $9.7 billion arrangement agreement with Pembina Pipeline Corporation
- NOVA Chemicals Corporation in its acquisition of Williams Partners’ ownership interest in a Geismar, Louisiana olefins plant for US$2.1 billion, and in its 2017 offering of US$2.1 billion 4.875% senior notes due 2024 and 5.250% senior notes due 2027
Corinne is fluent in French and Romanian. Prior to joining Cassels, Corinne was an associate in the Tax Group of another national law firm.
*denotes Professional Corporation