Chad Podolsky is an associate the Business Law Group at Cassels and a member of the firm’s Cannabis and High Growth & Venture Capital Groups. Chad has diverse experience working on mergers and acquisitions, private equity funds and their portfolio companies, venture capital and corporate and commercial agreements. Chad has assisted many clients in high growth industries such as the cannabis and technology sectors with early stage shareholders’ and partnership agreements, corporate finance and negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, such as services agreements, supply agreements and marketing agreements. Chad’s M&A practice involves public and private company acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic collaborations. Chad has completed the Osgoode Certificate in Cannabis Law and Regulation.
Examples of Chad’s recent work in these areas include representing:
- Canopy Growth Corporation in its offtake agreement with Pharmhouse Inc. for its flowering space available at its Leamington greenhouse facility
- A Canadian-based exporter of cannabis to the European Union on its seed financing rounds and advising on internal corporate matters
- A Canadian technology company on its seed financing and shareholders’ agreement
- Giftcraft Ltd. on its partnership with CID Capital, an US-based private equity firm
- The vendor of a minor league professional sports team for $5 million
Chad received his J.D. from the University of Toronto in 2016. Prior to that, Chad received an Honours Business Administration degree from the Richard Ivey School of Business at Western University in 2013. Chad was on the Dean’s List throughout his undergraduate studies and received scholarships for academic excellence. Before joining Cassels in his first summer, Chad worked in sales and finance with a boutique financial services company in Toronto.