Aly Somani is an partner in the Business Law Group at Cassels and serves as Co-Chair of the Emerging Companies Group. Aly’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial law. Aly is also involved in private equity, venture financing, and merger and acquisition transactions involving both public and private companies and offers particular expertise with start-ups and emerging companies. He advises clients in a wide range of industries including information technology, media, hospitality, manufacturing and industrial and retail. Aly has experience working with clients on the incorporation, organization and financing of companies, and in drafting shareholder, partnership, and joint venture agreements as well as a variety of commercial agreements.
Aly’s representative work includes acting for:
- A life insurance software company, GGY, in its acquisition by Moody’s Corporation
- Panasonic in connection with its acquisition of a software and hardware business
- Evolocity Financial Group Inc. in a $22.5 million debt and equity financing with Seer Capital Partners
- Xtreme Labs in its acquisition by GoPivotal Inc.
- NIBE Industrier AB publ (public listed company on the Stockholm Exchange) in connection with acquisition of CGC Group of Companies, a Canadian based lender in manufacturing and developing HVAC system products and technology