Stefanie Holland is a partner in the Litigation Group at Cassels. Stefanie practices commercial litigation with an emphasis on product liability and franchise law. She has appeared before the Ontario Court of Appeal, Superior Court of Justice, Ontario Commercial List and Copyright Board of Canada. Stefanie is an active member of the Defense Research Institute, Canadian Franchise Association and American Bar Association and has authored numerous articles on both product liability and franchise issues, which have appeared in prominent publications.
Examples of Stefanie’s work include:
- Acting as litigation counsel for various categories of both Canadian and international product manufacturers and distributors, including notably in the auto, drug, and cannabis industries, with respect to product liability claims and recalls
- Representing franchisors in respect of franchise related litigation and dispute resolution proceedings, involving claims under the Arthur Wishart Act and common law
- Representing both Canadian and international hospitality brands with respect to litigation and dispute resolution proceedings
- Acting as litigation counsel in copyright, trademark, and entertainment law disputes in both Ontario and Federal Courts
- Representing copyright collectives in tariff enforcement proceedings before the Copyright Board of Canada, including appearing as counsel for the Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency and CMRRA-SODRAC Inc. in the CSI Online Music Services Tariff proceeding before the Copyright Board of Canada
- Acting as litigation counsel in insolvency and cross-border corporate restructuring proceedings, including appearing before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Commercial List, as Canadian counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Nortel Networks Inc. and certain of its direct and indirect subsidiaries in the cross-border CCAA/Chapter 11 proceedings