Sherri Fountain is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions Group at Cassels. Sherri is an accomplished practitioner and lead advisor to large corporate clients and has managed substantial and diverse legal teams in the successful delivery of sophisticated solutions. She offers a wealth of experience advising Canadian, US and international clients with complex corporate transactions across a range of sectors including oil and gas exploration and development, real estate, road transportation, oilfield services, and downstream oil and gas operations. Sherri also has extensive experience with asset and share acquisitions and dispositions, governance and business combination structures, project development and financing, joint ventures, partnerships and management arrangements, real estate acquisitions and dispositions and real estate/asset-backed commercial lending.
Sherri’s representative work includes having acted for:
- Canadian Natural Resources Limited as lead counsel in its takeover bid acquisition of Laricina Energy Ltd. and in its $3.775 billion acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Devon Canada Corporation
- Gleniffer Lake Resort Ltd. as lead counsel respecting in its acquisition of all of the issued and outstanding shares of Resort Development Funding Corporation, the assets of which include a water supply and distribution utility, sewage disposal and treatment utility, water treatment facility, golf course and mixed-use real property
- A Canadian/US real estate developer in its limited partnership with CN Rail for the financing, development and construction of Whirlpool’s Western Canadian Regional Distribution Center and as lead counsel respecting the sale of the partnership to AIMCo
- One of the world’s leading integrated oil and gas companies with its entry into Canada in the downstream space
- A pipeline fabrication and services corporation as lead counsel in its share exchange with a private equity fund
Prior to joining Cassels, Sherri was the Managing Director of a private investment fund and was a lecturer at the University of Calgary Faculty of Law where she taught Advanced Land Transactions to upper year students.