Samantha Prest is an associate in the Securities Group at Cassels. Samantha’s focus is on capital market transactions and business law matters, including equity and debt financings, initial public offerings and mergers and acquisitions. Prior to joining the firm, Samantha gained valuable business insight at a major Canadian mining company.
Her transactional experience includes representing:
- Ripper Oil and Gas in its reverse takeover with Brownstone Ventures
- Sun Metals in its acquisition of Lorraine Copper by plan of arrangement implemented through a triangular amalgamation
- Integra Resources in its concurrent acquisition of the DeLamar Gold and Silver Project from Kinross Gold Corporation, subscription receipt financing for $27 million and listing of its common shares on the TSXV; and concurrent bought deal and non-brokered prospectus offerings raising aggregate proceeds of $17 million
- Solstice Gold in its spin out from Dunnedin Ventures and subsequent listing on the TSXV and concurrent private placement of $8.4 million
- Sherpa Holdings initial public offering as a capital pool company and subsequent qualifying transaction with Nubeva by way of reverse triangular merger
- Group Eleven Resources in its initial public offering of shares and warrants for proceeds of $5 million and the concurrent listing of its shares on the TSXV
- Macquarie Capital as underwriter for Pure Gold in its $19.2 million bought deal private placement of super flow-through and flow-through shares
- Integra Gold in its acquisition of Century Mining Corporation’s Sigma-Lamaque Milling Facility and Mine through court-appointed receiver Samson Bélair/Deloitte & Touche Inc.
- Denison Mines Corp. in its acquisition of International Enexco Ltd.’s uranium exploration assets by way of plan of arrangement
- RBC Dominion Securities as underwriter for True Gold in its $42 million bought deal prospectus offering
- The Special Committee of Canada Lithium Corp. in its $120 million merger with Sirocco Mining Inc. by way of plan of arrangement
Samantha is a graduate of the J.D. program at Queens University Law School. Prior to studying law, Samantha earned a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Southern California Marshall School of Business. Prior to joining Cassels as an associate, Samantha was an articling student at the firm.