Rowan Groenewald is an associate in the Business Law Group at Cassels. Rowan’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial law, advising public and private companies on a variety of matters including mergers and acquisitions, go-public transactions, public offerings, private placements, private equity investments, and internal reorganizations. Rowan represents clients from a variety of industries including technology, media, natural resources, and cannabis.
Examples of Rowan’s recent work include:
- One Diversified, LLC’s acquisition of Advanced Presentation Products Inc.
- Quisitive Technology Solutions Inc.’s $19.5 million acquisition of Corporate Renaissance Group Inc.
- CLS Holdings USA, Inc.’s IPO, $13 million special warrant financing, and listing on the CSE
- Baker Technologies, Inc., Briteside Holdings, LLC, Sea Hunter Therapeutics, LLC, and Santé Veritas Holdings Inc.’s business combination, $119 million subscription receipt financing, and listing on the CSE
- MedMen Enterprises Inc.’s RTO, $143 million subscription receipt financing, and listing on the CSE
Rowan received his J.D. from the University of Windsor where he finished ranked 11th out of 140 students in the J.D. program and was a recipient of the Law Society of Upper Canada & Osgoode Society Award of Excellence in 2016. Prior to attending law school, Rowan received an Honours Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Studies from Queen’s University where he was a member of the Varsity Development Rowing Team. Before joining Cassels as an associate, Rowan summered and articled with the firm.