Robert (Rob) Lysy is a partner in the Real Estate & Development Group at Cassels. Rob’s practice focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate including acquisitions, dispositions, financings and leasing. Rob has expertise in dealing with mines and mining lands including mining rights patents, unpatented mining claims, and other types of land holdings common in the mining industry.
A few examples of Rob’s work demonstrating his breadth of practice include:
- Assisting REITs and other operators with purchases and financings of apartment complexes
- Acting on purchases, sales and financings of shopping centres
- Negotiating leases for shopping centres, office buildings, and retail premises on behalf of major national retailers and tenants of all sizes and industries
- Representing clients on land assemblies for development or mining purposes
- Preparing and negotiating easements, reciprocal operating agreements, restrictive covenant agreements, co-ownership agreements and other complex property agreements
- Acting for lenders and borrowers in secured commercial loans and mortgages, and refinancing of commercial properties
- Acting for receivers on sales of properties on behalf of lenders
In addition to practising law, Rob is actively involved in volunteer work. He sits on the Board of Advisors of AIESEC Ryerson, a local chapter of the world’s largest student organization, is a director of Central Ontario Leadership Seminars, an organization dedicated to motivating and developing youth, and is a director of Enku Scholarship Fund, an initiative that provides university scholarships for underprivileged girls in Ethiopia.