Patience Kalu Omokhodion is a partner in the Banking & Specialty Finance Group at Cassels. Patience works on all types of secured and unsecured lending transactions, including cross-border transactions, project financings, public-private partnership transactions and joint venture. She represents both lenders and borrowers.
Patience’s representative work includes acting for:
- New Gold Inc. with the refinancing of its $400 million senior secured credit facilities
- Banro Corporation in connection with its cross-border restructuring
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $2 billion senior credit facility
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. in its $375 million project financing facility
- Lithium Americas Corp. in its $355 million financing regarding an Argentinean mining project
Patience has experience working with clients on the incorporation, organization and financing of companies; in particular, in relation to the financing of energy, infrastructure and mining projects as well as aviation and vessel financings. Patience’s practice has included acting for clients in various industries, including mining, energy, utilities and construction and her practice is both national and international, involving various jurisdictions including England and Wales, the US, Slovakia, the Netherlands, Belgium, Mexico, Barbados and the Cayman Islands.
Patience has written and spoken on various topics in international financing transactions, project finance, and aviation finance. She has qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales and has been called to the bar in Ontario. Before joining Cassels, Patience practised at a multi-national law firm in London, England.