Lanning (Lanny) Abramson* is a partner in the Real Estate & Development Group at Cassels. Lanny plays an active role in the purchase, sale and mortgaging of commercial and development real estate in Ontario and has been counsel to various members of the financial services industry in both the finalization of new mortgage transactions and the realization and recovery of special loans in commercial and residential situations. With a keen understanding of the financial sector, Lanny has been retained by various banking, trust and mortgage companies to provide counsel in the start up, acquisition and divestiture of financial institutions.
Lanny’s representative work includes having acted for:
- Scotia Mortgage Corporation in providing financing for Uptown Rosemont’s acquisition of ‘Jefferson at 11 St. Joseph’ from JPI Canada; the purchase of ‘The Jefferson Theatre District’ condominium building in downtown Toronto; and to Akelius Canada on a Swedish corporation’s first purchase in Canada
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Canadian Branch, in the set up of its commercial mortgage lending program and its subsequent first commercial mortgage loan in Canada to RT Twenty-Sixth Pension Properties Limited
- Timbercreek Asset Management Inc. in providing financing to Northumberland Shopping Centre Inc. on the security of the Northumberland Mall
- Acting for Otéra Capital On various large term and construction financings in various locations in Canada
- MCAP Financial Corp. in a $75 million first mortgage loan refinancing by Morguard Real Estate Investment Trust
*denotes Professional Corporation