Jennifer Poirier is a partner in the Securities Group at Cassels. Jennifer has experience acting for issuers and dealers in connection with public offerings, private placements and mergers and acquisitions. In addition, Jennifer advises private and public companies with respect to general corporate and securities laws issues, including corporate governance and continuous disclosure obligations. Jennifer also has experience coordinating and completing due diligence in a variety of industries and drafting and advising on a range of agreements, such as option agreements, memorandums of understanding, consulting agreements and partnership agreements.
Jennifer’s experience includes representing:
- Freeport-McMoRan Inc. on numerous option and joint venture transactions for copper projects in various jurisdictions, including Canada, Australia, Serbia, Africa and South America
- Antofagasta Minerals S.A. on numerous earn-in and joint venture transactions and strategic alliances worldwide
- Josemaria Resources Inc. in the spin-out of its Los Helados property to NGEx Minerals Ltd.
- Integra Gold Corp. in its acquisition by Eldorado Gold Corporation by plan of arrangement
- CIBC World Markets Inc. as agent for FortisBC Inc. in its public offering of $200 million principal amount medium term note debentures
- Western Lithium USA Corporation in its acquisition of Lithium Americas Corp. by plan of arrangement