Jennifer Campbell is a partner in the Securities and Business Law Groups at Cassels. Jen acts for both companies and registered dealers in a broad range of industries, and has extensive expertise working with junior issuers listed on the TSX Venture Exchange and Canadian Securities Exchange. In over 20 years of practice, she has been involved in numerous significant financings (public offerings and private placements) and complex commercial agreements for clients in the natural resource, cannabis and sports sectors. Jen also provides strategic advice on matters related to corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions and reorganizations, and has assisted clients in navigating many challenging financial and regulatory environments.
Jen has previously contributed as a legal commentator on CBC Metro Morning, and for the Globe and Mail and CBC Investigative Reports series. She is a frequent lecturer at Osgoode Hall Law School and the TSX Venture Exchange, as well as an instructor in continuing legal education topics such as insider trading and corporate governance. Jen also previously served as a sessional college instructor in intellectual property law, and as a director and treasurer of various non-profit organizations.
Jen’s representative work includes having acted for:
- California-based cannabis producer Indus Holdings Inc. in connection with its reverse take-over and public listing on the Canadian Securities Exchange, and related US$40 million offering
- The Tragically Hip-backed cannabis producer Newstrike Resources in its $92 million bought deal financing
- 22 Capital Corp. in its CPC initial public offering, subsequent qualifying transaction involving Trichome Financial Corp. and associated $16.5 million offering
- A private fitness club in connection with equity and debt financings and a lease restructuring
- Sprott Capital Partners LP and its syndicate of agents in a series of private placements for a development stage mining company
- A minor baseball league in a dispute resolution matter before the Ontario Baseball Association
With extensive experience managing large deal teams, Jen provides clients with a comprehensive solution when multi-faceted transactions require expertise from other disciplines, such as dispute resolution, tax, employment and litigation.