Daniel Zuniga is a partner in the Business Law Group at Cassels. Daniel’s practice focuses on corporate finance and securities, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and general corporate matters. He advises clients in private placements, public offerings, corporate reorganizations and acquisitions and dispositions of shares and business assets. He has acted for both purchasers and vendors in connection with various equity and asset transactions and for both issuers and underwriters in connection with debt and equity financings. Daniel also has extensive experience in advising both start-up and emerging companies, private equity and venture capital firms with respect to the formation, organization, financing, sale, and acquisition of start-up and emerging companies, particularly in the technology sector. This expertise includes the organization of companies to venture-backed standards, non-dilutive financings, angel and seed investments, Series A and other preferred share financings, and exit transactions.
Daniel’s representative experience includes acting for:
- The consortium of purchasers in the purchase and subsequent sale of a National Hockey League franchise
- AGT Food and Ingredients Inc. in its $436 million take-private transaction and its $200 million bond tender offer and consent solicitation
- The syndicate of underwriters in the $1.7 billion initial public offering of Kinder Morgan Canada Limited and subsequent $300 million and $250 million preferred share offerings by Kinder Morgan Canada Limited
- Procera Networks Inc., an affiliate of Francisco Partners, in the $562 million acquisition of TSX-listed network policy control solutions company Sandvine Corporation
- The syndicate of underwriters in Birchcliff Energy Ltd.’s $690.8 million public offering and concurrent private placement of subscription receipts
- Zephyr Sleep Technologies in connection with its series A financing