Andrew Salem is a partner in the Real Estate & Development Group at Cassels. Andrew practices commercial real estate and property development law. He represents clients on acquisitions, sales, co-ownerships, commercial leasing, financing transactions, property management and all aspects of real estate and development projects. Andrew regularly acts as real estate/development counsel in connection with energy and infrastructure projects and transactions and he represents clients throughout Ontario in connection with planning and development approvals. Andrew has acted for a wide range of clients, including property developers and investors, federal and provincial government agencies, municipalities, major Canadian universities, financial institutions, restaurants and retailers, energy companies, hospitals, media/communications companies, railways and large manufacturers.
Andrew’s representative experience includes:
- A provincial government agency in connection with property acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and planning/development matters for over 15 years
- A large university on several major property acquisitions and other real estate, development and leasing matters
- National and international retail and restaurant tenants in connection with Canadian leasing matters
- A residential developer in connection with a proposed multi-stage 1,500+ unit development project in Toronto
- The purchaser in respect of the $78 million acquisition and financing of an office building in Toronto