Ali Naushahi is a partner in the Securities Group at Cassels. Ali’s practice covers a variety of corporate/commercial matters with an emphasis on public markets finance, mergers & acquisitions and securities law. Ali has acted for Canadian and international companies involved in public equity and debt offerings, private placements, reverse takeover transactions, mergers and acquisitions, proxy battles and stock exchange listings. Ali regularly advises companies in securities law matters, including compliance with continuous disclosure obligations and corporate governance. Ali has also acted for investment dealers in equity and debt offerings.
Highlights of Ali’s work at his prior law firm include representing:
- A TSX issuer in its acquisition of a royalty, stream and offtake portfolio for over $1 billion
- A TSX Venture Exchange issuer in its $505 million series of financing transactions for construction of its mineral project
- A TSX issuer in its acquisition for US$462 million
- A TSX issuer in its financing transactions for $47 million
- A TSX issuer in its bought deal prospectus offering for gross proceeds of $12 million
Prior to joining Cassels, Ali was a partner at another national law firm.