- Chris Horkins spoke at the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) winter dinner event in Toronto, Ontario on November 19, 2019 on “Franchise Law 20/20: Strategies to Manage and Proposals to Improve the Arthur Wishart Act.”
- Noah Leszcz also spoke at this event on “The Accidental Franchise.”
- Derek Ronde and Kate Byers delivered a CFA webinar on February 5, 2020 on “The Great Escape – A Deep Dive into Franchise Disclosure Exemptions.” A link to the webinar can be found here.
- Caitlin Russell spoke at an Ontario Bar Association webinar on April 3, 2020 on “Critical Franchise Issues: Current Rescission, Lease, Employment and Litigation Concerns.”
- Chris Horkins delivered a presentation for the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) Virtual Chat Series on April 16, 2020 on “Maintaining Your Litigation Practice in a Remote Work Environment.”
- Larry Weinberg is scheduled to speak on a webinar for the Canadian Franchise Association on May 4, 2020 entitled “Expand Your Franchise to Canada: All You Need to Know!”
- Frank Robinson is scheduled to speak at the American Bar Association (ABA) Forum on Franchising in Phoenix, Arizona on October 28-30, 2020 on “International Franchising in a Time of Change: Covid-19, Trade Wars, Brexit, and Beyond.”
The Cassels team sends its best wishes to everyone in the franchise community during this period of unprecedented uncertainty. We look forward to connecting with you virtually and hopefully in person in the not-too-distant future. The Cassels team had been scheduled to chair, speak at, and attend many events in the upcoming months, which have been postponed.
Stay tuned for further updates regarding our upcoming events.