The COVID-19 pandemic presents serious personal and professional issues for the entertainment industry.
On April 23 & 30, 2020, Cassels addressed some of these legal and business concerns – and also identified potential opportunities that may arise as artists and organizations rise to meet these challenges – during a two-part webinar series.
Topics discussed over these two sessions include:
- Contract issues, including force majeure
- Employment and privacy challenges
- Adjustments to litigation and dispute resolution practices
- Intellectual property matters
- Changes to the administration of funding and tax credit programs available through the CMF and CAVCO
- CRTC issues
- Public and private initiatives available to assist artists and businesses
These webinars were hosted by Casey Chisick and Len Glickman. Speakers included Peter Henein, Tim Pinos, Stephen Selznick, Lindsay Dykstra, Eric Mayzel, Kristin Taylor, Marco Ciarlariello and Stephen Henderson.