Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
The newly established Real Estate Group in Vancouver is currently seeking an energetic, team-oriented and experienced real estate paralegal to join their team. As a member of the Real Estate Group, this individual will work closely with a team of lawyers, paralegals and legal assistants to deliver quality legal services. This role will join the firm’s Financial Services and Real Estate Groups and report to the Director of Paralegals and Law Clerks.
The successful candidate will be involved in a wide variety of legal tasks including, but not limited to:
- Coordinating due diligence searches.
- Preparing title and off-title reports in respect of due diligence and title searches.
- Reviewing and analyzing charges and encumbrances registered against title.
- Preparing closing agendas for commercial real estate transactions.
- Preparing documentation with respect to acquisitions and sales of various types of commercial properties and development land matters.
- Preparing documentation with respect to real estate financings for both lenders and borrowers, including the preparation of Land Title Office forms and related security documents
- Liaising with internal and external parties and facilitating closings, including with respect to financing payouts.
- Preparing and registering title documentation and security in land title offices and other government registries.
- Preparing documentation related to commercial development projects including easements and statutory rights of way.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- Paralegal certificate and/or university degree from an accredited institution.
- Substantive experience as a paralegal in commercial real estate and lending.
- Strong understanding of BC Land Title Office registration requirements.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to organize and prioritize competing workloads in a busy environment.
- Exceptional drafting and proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
- Confident, motivated and dependable, with initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented atmosphere.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Megan Braun – Director of Paralegals and Law Clerks
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will be reviewed, and you will be contacted if your skills and experience are a possible match for this position.
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.